To operate the Scarborough Food Security Initiative's vehicles, distribute stock to the foodbanks and manage the mobile market.
• Drive the Truck and Bus.
• Load and unload the truck and bus with goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
• Carry out regular maintenance of the vehicles.
• Utilize navigation apps to find the most optimal routes.
• Ensuring that vehicles have sufficient gas and are always ready for use.
• Arranging for vehicle repairs, when necessary.
• Updating daily mileage records.
• Complete daily maintenance checks on delivery van and notify manager of any issues.
• Operate warehouse equipment, including vehicles, in a way that facilitates the loading and unloading of the truck while observing all safety regulations and manufacturer’s safety instructions for that equipment.
• Adhere to all the local traffic laws.
• Lead and manage the Mobile Farmer's market, when needed.
• Any other jobs reasonably requested by the supervisor.
• A valid G driver's license with no clean record (no tickets or accidents).
• 5-years driving experience.
• Extensive knowledge of the operating area.
• Physical strength and ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Problem Solving
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal communication.
• Proficiency using GPS devices
Wages : $17/hour
Hours : Tuesday - 10am - 8pm
Wednesday - 8am - 4pm
Saturday - 9am - 5pm
(Schedule subject to change with appropriate notice)
Application : Please apply with your cover letter and resume to - email@example.com
Scarborough Food Security Initiative is committed to having a team that reflects the diversity of the issues and communities we work with. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that community members may bring, including those based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ability, age and religion. We welcome both lived and academic experience, and encourage applicants to note this in their application. In our inclusive workplace, we work to assure everyone the right of equitable, fair, and respectful treatment.
From time to time all jobs will be evaluated and assessed based on the critical path, outcomes/deliverables, performance, and funding constraints, as deemed necessary by the Management Team.